The Eighteen Xs MkII is a one channel transformer coupled Microphone Preamplifier, DI, Line Amplifier and Passive Pultec Equalizer. It’s an Class A design based upon our Hybrid amplifiers. (It can be upgraded with our Vintage OPA)
The Equalizer is our take on the magical classic Pultec design. It’s got 15db boost of the creamiest high end you’ve ever heard and the most punchy low end heard the 21th Century.
We have also incorporated our famous ”Mix Knob” from the 17X compressor. This means that you can parallel equalize your line input. This gives you more flexibility and a way of creating new tones….
- Up to 65db of gain
- Transformer coupled Balanced inputs and Balanced Outputs
- High Impedance DI input
- Passive Pultec Equalizer. Inductor + Hybrid gain make-up amplifier
- ”Mix Knob” a dry wet, parallel processing knob where you can blend the dry line input signal with the eq’d output
- 5 Step Switched Eq Low Freq Boost 20Hz, 30Hz, 60Hz, 100Hz, 200Hz +/-10%
- 5 Step Switched Eq High Freq Boost 4kHz, 6kHz, 8kHz, 10kHz, 16kHz +/-10%
- 5 Step Switched Eq High Freq Attenuation 5kHz, 8kHz, 10kHz, 15kHz, 20kHz +/-10%
- Direct Balanced Output: Pre – Post the Mix Knob
- Output VU meter